As Northern Ireland struggles to offer a coherent and unified contribution to the Brexit negotiations in the absence of an Executive, Dave Whelan talks to MEP Jim Nicholson about his role in bringing Northern Ireland’s precarious position to the attention of both Brussels and Westminster. By his own admission, the official triggering of Article 50...
Abbeyfield Belfast has been providing accommodation and support services for older people for six decades and are now looking forward to the next 60 years of adapting to meet the changing needs and expectations of their community.
As this is vital to our continued success, we have been taking some steps to ensure that we remain as one of the best choices available when making your next move – into one of our houses in south and east Belfast, which offer a home from home, where excellent staff make time to ensure all our present and future clients have a quality life experience.
So what steps have we been taking?
- surveying everyone with any connection to our work to get their views and preferences;
- establishing what people like about us and exactly what they would like to see developed;
- identifying new build options to provide state of the art accommodation for tomorrow;
- training our staff to meet changing needs in a supportive way to keep residents with us;
- working with other agencies to play our part in creating vibrant communities;
- celebrating those who give of their time to help as an accredited Investor in Volunteers; and
- supporting research into the needs of the over-55s and changing medical circumstances.
In the coming year we hope to be on site with an exciting scheme at the Kings Hall, Belfast as part of the innovative Healthcare and Well-being Park. This will create one and two bedroom apartments designed with every comfort and enhanced with the Abbeyfield special ethos of support and service.
We are proud to partner with the Benmore Group to deliver this vision of a future design for living, where the young at heart can enjoy a village atmosphere of leisure, shopping and a wide range of community support facilities. The attractive state of the art scheme design is by Hall Black Douglas and will include housing choice, not only for traditional renting, but also to purchase through lifetime leasehold or indeed shared ownership – the choice is up to you.
In making this the right decision today people can ensure for tomorrow their own long term comfort as well as re-assurance for families and friends that the Abbeyfield model is quite simply the best.
238 Lisburn Road Belfast
T: 028 9038 1332